INTERREG Caraibes launches first call for expressions of interest
POINTE-A-PITRE, Guadeloupe — Projects carriers (private operators, associations, public institutions such as universities, research centers, local authorities) are invited to submit their pre-project expressions of interest to INTERREG Caraïbes before November 18, 2016.
Led by the Guadeloupe Region, which is the managing authority, INTERREG Caraïbes is an European program for Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique and St Martin, French and European territories, to undertake cooperation actions with their neighbours in the Greater Caribbean, comprising more than 35 countries in an area encompassing the north, Mexico to Venezuela in the South.
INTERREG Caraïbes has a budget of about 80 million euros, including 64 million under the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to support projects that meet the program strategy and the needs of the territories.
INTERREG Caraïbes is intended to address various issues shared by these territories:
• Strengthen the competitiveness of Caribbean companies that create wealth and jobs;
• Strengthen the capacity to respond to natural hazards;
• Protect and enhance the natural and cultural environment in the Caribbean;
• Develop a coordinated response across the Caribbean to common issues of public health;
• Support the development of renewable energy in Eastern Caribbean (only project promoters located in Guadeloupe, Martinique or in a country or territory of the OECS are eligible for this issue);
• Strengthen human capital.
This pre-project, presented in a downloadable form, must contain in a clear and concise manner the actions they wish to implement with partners from the Caribbean cooperation area in a logical “win-win” guarantee of an equitable and sustainable cooperation between the French West Indies and Caribbean countries
The electronic form for MI, selection criteria, the operational program – which provides details of the eligible shares, participation conditions and criteria to be considered when formalizing the pre-project – and other relevant documents available on the program website (http://www.interreg.caraibes.fr).
The program of the Joint Secretariat team is available to project developers for more information and to send them the relevant documents For the pre-project form, visit the website or contact www.interreg-caraibes.fr the Joint Secretariat at 00-590-590-47 06 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org